Work at home is a mature, market-leading staffing and employee satisfaction strategy that delivers incremental benefits to businesses.
Common returns include:
- Long-term reductions in capital and operating expenses related to real estate
- 200% increase in applicant flow
- 20-40% improvement in employee retention
- 25% increase in employee satisfaction
- 25% improvement in attendance
- 20% increase in productivity
- 20% improvement in intraday staffing
– After December 31: $1495 first attendee. $1395 additional
Case Studies & Benchmarking
200+ leaders from health care, financial services, consumer products, travel, education, professional services, media and government are attending this one-a-year conference
The laser focus for two days is remote work – specifically, work at home for contact centers & support functions, and enterprise mobility.
Company objectives, widely varying strategies, successes, unforeseen challenges, future plans will be shared by leaders of Fortune 1000 companies who are responsible for the way work gets done within their organizations.
- 2017 State of Remote Working Benchmarking Report – 40 critical measurements.
- Two days packed with work at home and mobile working best practices.
- Seven breakout sessions on topics for IT/Security, Virtual Sourcing and Hiring, Virtual Learning, Virtual Performance Management, and Culture/Social Connectivity.
- Six remote working case studies on innovations in remote work and work at home for contact centers – delivered by industry best leaders.
- Thought leader panel discussion on next generation work at home – global leaders share their insights on the Future of Work.
$1495 first attendee. $1395 additional
- Digital and social sourcing and hiring
- Transitioning to long distance and direct hire to home
- Effective engagement, measuring engagement, cultural connectivity
- Use of video, chat rooms and enterprise social networks
- Virtual on-boarding
- Practical impact on policies and benefits
Performance Management & Engagement
- Best in class coaching and virtual performance management
- Preparing managers for virtual leadership
- Technologies for formal and informal knowledge sharing
- Virtual team meetings, huddles, and one to one meetings
- Best practices for engaging remote staff
- How gamification works for work at home
- Centralizing the command center
- VDI vs. VPN
- BYOD vs. company provided equipment
- ISP and voice services provisioning
- ID authentication
- Network and application access
- Security and surveillance
Virtual Training and Learning
- Developing objectives and strategies for virtual learning
- Best in class design tools
- Mixes and mediums of virtual new hire training
- How to run great virtual meetings
- Competencies of virtual trainers
- How video and digital learning is changing the game
- Clarity on true benefits of work at home staffing
- Flexible scheduling with split shifts, micro-shifts
- On-demand and weather emergency staffing
Who Should Attend
Stakeholders responsible for the way that work gets done at the VP, Director or Senior Manager level:
- Strategic Planning
- IT/Telecom Leaders
- Performance Support
- Learning & Development
- Human Resources Leaders
- Heads of Telecommuting Offices
- Work Force Managers
$1495 first attendee. $1395 additional
Tuesday, March 7, 5pm-7pm Cocktails at the Westin Park Central!
- Meet your fellow conference attendees
- Sponsored by Pipkins
Wednesday, March 8, 830am-530pm
- Four case studies on remote working and work from home
- Three concurrent benchmarking sessions on Work at Home in Smaller Centers, Running Great Virtual Meetings, and Virtual Performance Management
- Global leader panel discussion – Future of Work and IT/Equipment/Services Provisioning
Thursday, March 9, 8am-1230pm
- Two early morning technology demonstration sessions
- Two additional case studies
- Three concurrent benchmarking sessions on Best Practices in Coaching and Engagement of Remote Staff, Best Practices in Virtual Learning, Managing Remote Operations in Health Care
Note that Breakout Sessions are Concurrent – Bring Three Attendees from your Company in Order to Attend All Sessions.